Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to w ork to achieve the restoration of all the rights and attributes of citizenship among people in prison or jail and those who have been released in collaboration with other community and faith based organizations at each of the overlapping phases of the community integration process.
Citizens Against Recidivism, Inc. is a New York City based corporation with 501(c)3 nonprofit status. Citizens was incorporated in the State of New York in 1996, initially providing supportive counseling to the wives and family members of the incarcerated, cultural programming in various New York State prisons and delinquency intervention programming for youth. Our services have expanded to include counseling and referral services for people returning from prison. Currently, we are offering case management training to community people in an effort to build organizational capacity. We hope to expand out current level of service to:
- Provide discharge planning, intensive counseling and orientation to employment (including job readiness and resume preparation) and support services to 50 people returning from prison, and increase that number to 200 within three years;
- anger management
- Provide case management services to assist the working of discharge and service plans;
- Provide mentoring to assist with socialization and additional support;
- Provide referrals to intensive counseling and treatment for participants living with HIV/AIDS or requiring substance abuse services; and
- interpersonal relationships
- family reunification
- Assist participants as they attempt to access permanent housing.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!