Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of CHEER is to provide people with the knowledge and ability to create healthy thriving communities. CHEER does this by offering a community driven process for identifying community vision and goals and gathering the information and resources needed to measure and fulfill them.
CHEER promotes civic participation in the Takoma Park and Long Branch community. We provide a framework for community improvement and provide training and support for people to participate, especially among those who are under represented and under served.
We help the Takoma Park and Long Branch community fulfill their goals:
- Connect community members to resources that bring economic opportunity to all
- Support community friendly business development and local entrepreneurship
Reducing Health Disparities
- Connect community members to health care and wellness activities
- Inventory community health assets & gaps
- Coordinate the Health Enterprise Zone, a coalition of local healthcare providers
- Assess housing affordability
- Facilitate neighborhood improvement efforts
- Develop residents’ leadership skills
- Organize events to connect people of diverse backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities
Children, Youth and Families
- Participate in Takoma Park Youth Collaborative to develop and conduct programs that support youth to successfully transition to adulthood
- Facilitate youth development collaboration
- Bruce Baker
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!