Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission: To create experiences that enlighten, entertain and enrich the lives of family and young audiences.
- To create family audience theater productions that enlighten, entertain and enrich both children and adults.
- To challenge our audiences with culturally diverse, intergenerational programming bringing arts and culture to the kids of the community through theater and education.
- To open doors and illuminate new worlds for our audiences by producing theatre of exceptional quality.
- To create outstanding family theatre productions.
- To interact with the educational development of a student through our theatre’s community engagement programs.
- To be advocates of reading, literacy, and verbal skills through the use of books and plays as literature.
As a professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) in partnership with UCF, Orlando Repertory Theatre (The REP) opened its doors on October 9, 2003. Each season promises to bring outstanding professional theatre to Central Florida based on classic and contemporary children’s literature. With a strong mission and dedicated Staff and Board of Directors, The REP is a place where young audiences can come and experience the adventure, art, and creative wonder of watching their favorite characters come to life!
In October 2003, The REP marked the historical opening of a six-show performance series for family audiences in the old Civic Theatre Complex, known now as the Orlando Repertory Theatre. Already unique in Florida and the southern region, the Orlando Repertory Theatre strives to become a theatre of national and international prominence.
Now in our 12th season, The REP is a proud member of the United Arts foundation and partner of UCF. Educational opportunites are offered through our Youth Academy, with classes in the Fall, Spring, and throughout the summer. Our 12th season brings about great performances that can be found here: 2014-2015 Season.Creating experiences that enlighten, entertain and enrich the lives of family and young audiences is our mission. To challenge our audiences with culturally diverse, intergenerational programming bringing arts and culture to the kids of the community through theater and education is one of our many goals.
For more information on our Partnership and the UCF Master of Fine Arts program, click HERE.