Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to identify, implement and validate innovative community centered approaches to cancer clinical trials education.
A non-profit organization founded in 2004, ENACCT's mission is to identify, implement and validate innovative community centered approaches to cancer clinical trials education.
Our goals include the following
- To influence the inclusion of appropriate cancer clinical trial education as a top national priority
- To become a national leader in the development and delivery of the highest quality community-focused clinical trials education programs for health care providers, patients, and the public
- To use our programs to critically evaluate cancer clinical trials education approaches to determine the most effective approaches
- To help stimulate a research agenda on promising areas of inquiry
- To offer high quality, fee-based services that enhance the capacity of organizations conducting cancer clinical trials outreach, education and recruitment
Values that Guide Our Work
We believe that in order for cancer clinical trials education to be effective, it must have the following features:
- A focus on broad community education beyond a campaign or singular educational "product" (i.e. brochure, video or website)
- A primary emphasis on access to information rather than recruitment to any specific trial
- Recognition of the need for different educational approaches for different audiences, timing to reach that audience, and understanding how to motivate that audience
- A focus on community literacy about medical research
- A focus on the needs of patients and potential patients
- A focus on optimal benefit to patients and potential patients rather than the cancer "research system" itself
- An ultimate focus on community empowerment--individual involvement, organizational development, and change in community cancer care
- Enhancing individual access to information; individuals are only able to make appropriate and informed decisions about their health when they can obtain process and understand the connection between medical research, treatment options and available health care
- Strengthening locally driven, locally "owned" programs and grassroots efforts
- Encouraging behavior change of both patients & health care providers
- Margo Michaels
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!