Kalamazoo County Poverty Reduction Initiative
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Homeless & Housing
- Race & Ethnicity
LocationLewis Walker Inst. for Race and Ethinic Relations1903 W. Michigan Ave.Kalamazoo, MI 49008 United States
The mission of the Kalamazoo County Poverty Reduction Initiative (PRI) is to foster collaborative and mutually accountable public-private partnerships that increase both access to and resources for individuals and families living in poverty.
It is our vision to become the community catalyst for reducing poverty in Kalamazoo County.
We strive to fulfill our mission and achieve our vision by adding value to our community through:Exclusive Focus on Poverty Reduction
- The PRI is a broad and inclusive partnership engaging all sectors of the community for the purpose of poverty reduction.
- We use research on issues of poverty and better practices to collaboratively develop solutions with our partners and other poverty reduction agencies to remove systemic barriers at the community and state levels that keep people in our community from becoming economically self-sufficient.
- We develop pilot projects to set the stage for systemic change with community and, possibly, statewide impact.
- We connect service organizations to each other and to the private sector to optimize the community's potential for poverty reduction.
- We mobilize resources from the public, private, and faith-based sectors to help us keep the community abreast of the need of our neighbors who live in poverty.
- We actively seek funding for projects and programs that enhance the capacity of the community.