Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Leach Garden Friends maintains and enhances Leach Botanical Garden's living collections of plants for the purposes of education, research and conservation and preserves the legacy of the Garden’s founders, John and Lilla Leach.
We Aspire to Be...
Portland’s botanical and cultural garden, a treasure connecting people, place and plants through discovery and delight.A botanical garden that highlights northwest native plants and features other unique collections including a modern physic garden, alpine house and fen.
- A horticultural resource for both casual and serious gardeners.
- A hands-on laboratory for environmental education that encourages engagement with the physical sciences.
- A model and demonstration site of environmental sustainability.
- An historic site celebrating John & Lilla Leach and their contributions to Pacific Northwest botany and to the southeast Portland community.
- A regional destination.
- A place of beauty, respite, and reflection.
- A special place for families to gather and create memories.
Over 100 volunteers help keep Leach Garden humming. They welcome visitors to the Manor House, provide tours of the Garden and share stories and information. They propagate plants, groom trails and prune branches. They stage events and fundraisers such as the English Tea and Plant Sale. And they work on special projects ranging from marketing and technology upgrades to carpentry and graphics. Without volunteers, the Garden would be a very different place. We encourage you to visit the garden and become a volunteer!