Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
GUNN ACADEMIC CENTER
PHILOSOPHY OF THE CENTER:
Underlying a successful high school student academic support center are several elements: 1) It is an inclusive, multifaceted program that is useful and welcoming to all students, 2) there is a respect for the diverse learning styles and cultural backgrounds of students. 3) there is a belief in the effectiveness of active teaming, and 4) there is a commitment to provide quality tutorial assistance.
GOALS OF THE CENTER:
1) To build a sense of community to the students and staff within an atmosphere of curiosity and enthusiasm about (earning.
2) To improve academic achievement and stimulate motivation and self-confidence by providing a variety of academic support services, including individual and/or group tutorial assistance.
3) To augment classroom instruction by encouraging the formation of study groups.
4) To enhance students' knowledge and critical thinking skills by introducing them to the process of learning and presenting effective learning strategies.
5) To draw from the creativity and talents of the tutors and students who utilize the Center and incorporate their ideas into the program.
The Gunn High School Academic Center is a group study center where volunteer peer and community tutors are available to students in all subject areas.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!