Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Young Life is a mission community of Christ-centered people committed to reaching adolescent youth with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe that we, as a community of adult Christians who belong to a broad diversity of church traditions, have been called and gifted by God to carry out this ministry.
We do this by building personal relationships with young people, by sharing our lives and participating with them in a variety of experiences through which the Gospel can be heard and experienced.
We carry out our mission under the authority of Scripture and in accordance with our understanding of incarnational witness, seeking to enflesh the Gospel in our lives and relationships, and therefore we are committed:
* To the welfare and spiritual health of those who do this ministry, that they may do it out of a consistent and growing relationship with Christ and His church.
* To submit and to communicate effectively the whole Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, as best we understand that Gospel.
* To researching and developing innovative approaches to the evangelization of young people so that the unreached, uninterested or uncommitted youth of the world shall continue to be reached.
* To all young people wherever they may live in the world, or whatever may be their social, economic, ethnic, cultural or racial environment.
* To seek out and welcome all those whom God directs to our ministry, male and female of all races, salaried and volunteer, with a diversity of Christian traditions linked in our common purpose, and to honor their calling and encourage the fullest expression of their gifts.
* To obey our Lord's mandate that all His people should be one, and therefore to work cooperatively within the Church of Jesus Christ around the world, so that more young people may be reached.
* To the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust.
Young Life provides healthy, creative fun. From weekly clubs to seasonal camping experiences to daily outings with leaders, Young Life is known around the world as the organization that knows how to have fun.
Club typically meets once a week and has been described as an experience in "controlled chaos." Leaders combine songs, humor and grop interaction to create an hour of energetic fun where kids can express that teenage tendency to push the limits - but within the controlled context of a safe environment.
Camping is one of Young Life's specialties! At any of Young Life's 14 premier properties across North America and Canada, kids can discover adventure and prove their prowess by climbing through a ropes course in the tops of trees, barreling down a water slide from hundreds of feet up the side of a mountain, riding horseback along scenic trails, water skiing, parasailing, racing go-carts around muddy tracks and enjoying what Young Life leaders promise will be one of the best weeks of their lives.
Extra curricular activities beyond clubs and camping can include anything from intramural basketball leagues to simply sitting and having a soda with a leader after school. Young Life leaders are always considering the need of kids to have healthy, creative fun and are consistently making plans to meet that need.
Since the ministry began in 1940, Young Life leaders have cared enough to leave the comfort of their adult worlds and enter the arena of high school and middle school life. You will find Young Life leaders sitting in the stands at football games, walking the streets of inner-city neighborhoods, driving carloads of kids to the shopping malls or tutoring students in study centers after school. In fact, you will find them almost anywhere you can find kids. Young Life leaders model trust, respect and responsibility to their young friends, and they do it within a meaningful context, within the context of a teenager's world. Frequently a friendship that begins between a Young Life leader and a teenager in high school or middle school continues throughout the rest of their lives.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!