Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of MOXIE is to create more diverse and honest images of women for our culture using the intimate art of theatre. Towards that end, MOXIE Theatre:
- Produces provocative, exciting and entertaining works of theatre by women and men that examine strong female characters and themes;
- Seeks out talented female theatre professionals whose work is underrepresented on San Diego theatre stages;
- Mentors young women in both production and artistic administration;
- Provides a system and environment in which working parents may bring their children into the work place without penalty or judgment and thus set an example for other arts institutions;
- Develops and maintains a long-standing commitment to a diverse ensemble of actors, directors, designers, playwrights, teachers, technicians, administrators and volunteers from our region;
- Reaches out to the community through innovative education and engagement programs.
Founded in 2004, MOXIE was created to shatter stereotypes of "women’s work" and to bring new women’s voices to the American stage. In its short history, MOXIE has received rave reviews, national notice and awards, and has been recognized several times as one of the small companies making a major impact on the theatre scene in San Diego by The San Diego Union-Tribune.Recently, MOXIE won the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle’s Don Braunagel Award for Outstanding Work by a Small Theater Company. In addition MOXIE has garnered ten Patte Awards for Theatre Excellence, twelve San Diego Theatre Critics Circle Awards and many other recognitions including aCalifornia Small Business Association’s "Small Business" Award for District 39.
Currently finishing its tenth season, MOXIE is an artistically adventurous company, diverse and partnership-oriented. Since its inception MOXIE has produced forty works of theatre, including eight world premieres, several regonal premeires, a new play festival, numerous readings and four co-productions. Programming includes a subscription season, workshop and play readings, as well as education and outreach programs.