Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Working together to improve Riverside County for people and animals.Vision:
We envision a County where the need for euthanasia is no longer. A County educated and prepared to assure a safe, healthy, and caring environment for its people and animals, even in times of utmost peril.Core Values:
We believe the character of our organization is best reflected in the strong dedication of each of us to strive to meet the highest standards of performance and compassion on behalf of the animals and people we serve. As stewards of those who cannot speak for themselves, we recognize society has entrusted us with a great responsibility. Our community's expectations and trust give us the courage to perform our duties with transparency, honor, empathy and compassion.
We meet this challenge of dedication by our shared commitment to:
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity and understanding toward all people and animals.
- Provide comfortable, humane shelter and nurturing care to animals with which we have been entrusted.
- Improve Riverside County through education, humane sheltering, responsible pet placement, progressive law enforcement, and reduction of pet overpopulation.
- Use adoption, education, and veterinary medical programs as an alternative to euthanasia.
- Seek lifetime homes for the pets we place.
- Educate the general public to the humane treatment of animals and increase public awareness of the solutions to pet overpopulation.
- Provide the tools, environment, and information to foster a safe and healthy workplace with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Collaborate to improve Riverside County for its people and animals.
Volunteers give the greatest gift of all.
There are so many great reasons to volunteer. Meet new people, experience the satisfaction of community service, develop new skills, and acquire work experience for future endeavors.
Our volunteers improve the welfare of our shelter animals by walking the dogs, brushing and petting the cats, by giving a dirty doggy a bath, making a kitty a new bed to sleep in, reading to a dog, plus much more.Steps to becoming a volunteer include:
Do not opt out of Newsletters, Events, or Recruitment Appeals when filling out your volunteer application. If you do so you will not receive any notifications from our department including upcoming orientation and/or training dates.APPLICATIONS
1. Fill out the online application by clicking the appropriate link listed below: Please submit by shelter location.
- Riverside Shelter Online Application
6851 Van Buren Blvd
Riverside, California 92509
- Coachella Valley Campus Online Application
72-050 Petland Place
Thousand Palms, CA 92276
- Blythe Animal Shelter Online Application
245 S. Carlton Ave.
Blythe, CA 9222
- San Jacinto Online Application
581 S. Grand Ave
San Jacinto, CA 92582
- Candace McGrew
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!