Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Empowering families and engaging the community to pursue innovative and effective solutions to break the cycle of poverty!
South Central Community Action Programs, Inc. (SCCAP) administers programs to help stabilize and assist families in moving toward a self-sufficient life. Volunteers are essential for:
- Support Circles, operating in Adams and Franklin Counties, uses a team of community "allies" help a family working to get out of poverty.
- Work Ready, in Adams and Franklin Counties, serves clients currently receiving cash assistance. Volunteers help clients overcome barriers to employment.
- Food Pantries, in Adams and Franklin Counties, offer monthly supplemental food to low income families. Volunteers help with distribution to families in need.
- The Gleaning Project, in Adams and Franklin Counties, relies on Volunteers to harvest edible but unsaleable produce from local farms and orchard.
- The Food Development Program and SCCAP Caf? is a culinary job training program in Adams County. Participants learn basic culinary skills and earn their ServSafe Certification while volunteers take food orders and serve as cashiers.
- The Homeless Shelters, in Adams and Frank Counties, are emergency shelters with 48 and 18 beds respectively. Volunteers help in various ways as get stabilized and regain permanent housing.