Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
InTheFray is an online magazine for writers and artists to explore global issues and engage readers with personal perspectives and critical analysis.
- to promote global understanding and equality through the power of journalism and art.
- to function as a nonprofit entity, without relying on commercial interests for support.
- to publish superior writing and artwork in a professional manner, with the help of a large team of committed, volunteer staff.
- to produce a site that is the collective perspective of our many writers, artists, and staff members.
- to cover issues that are of interest to the progressive community (including inequality, race, gender, sexuality, and the environment), but to welcome other perspectives on these issues, so long as they meet our standards of high-quality, honest writing.
A brief history
InTheFray launched on April 9, 2001. An all-volunteer staff founded the magazine with the goal of helping readers better understand the experiences and perspectives of other people through powerful, personal stories on global issues. InTheFray has always featured original reporting -- a rarity on the Web -- with firsthand accounts and exclusive interviews from around the world, as well as compelling personal essays, photography, artwork, fiction, and poetry by contributors from all walks of life. Over the years, the breadth and ambition of our work have grown. We have published articles from writers and artists on all seven continents, and our content has won national recognition from journalism and advocacy organizations, including an Excellence in Online Journalism Award from the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association and nominations from the National Press Photographers Association and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (2005, 2006, and 2007). We hope you will visit often and join the debate.
To see the full list of organizations that have recognized InTheFray's work, click here. To see the articles selected for our annual Best of InTheFrayseries, use the following links: 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 50th issue retrospective | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001
- Andrew Blackwell
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!