Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Arc of Nebraska advocates for the rights and full participation of all children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Together with our network of members and affiliated chapters, we improve systems of supports and services; connect families; inspire communities and influence public policy.
The purpose of The Arc of Nebraska, in cooperation with its local chapters, members, and The Arc of the United States, is:
- To develop and support a statewide network of individual members dedicated to the mission of The Arc.
- To promote the general welfare of and serve as a resource to persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
- To advocate for the rights and interests of persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families.
- To promote efforts to minimize the incidence and impact of intellectual and other developmental disabilities, especially newborn screening.
- To encourage the development of local chapters and provide assistance as needed to strengthen their efforts and activities.
- To actively promote legislation and regulations that are beneficial to persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and to actively oppose and seek improvement in legislation and regulations that are potentially detrimental to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Michael Chittenden
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!