Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Sonoma County Public Library Foundation is:
- to strengthen the ability of the Sonoma County Library to serve our community
- to raise funds to support those efforts
- to promote the use of library resources
- to encourage enthusiasm for reading
- to increase literacy for all residents
Sonoma County Public Library Board Directors serve three years with an option to renew for a second term.
Board members are volunteers who live in Sonoma County and who believe in the mission of the SCPLF. Membership is limited to 15.
Meetings are monthly.
SCPLF sponsors various programs and events: The Big Read, a Summer Reading Club, A Traveling Summer Reading Coub" (children day camps), Book Discussion Groups, adulty literacy, Spanish-language collections.
SCPLF hosts a chocolate tasting/classic cinema evening in October.
SCPLF underwrites the new downloadable book program.
SCPLF works on the upgrade of all the collections in the 13 branch library system (ie: health, law, spiritual, gay issues, eldercare, etc)
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!