Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Erik Foundation will aid economically disadvantaged families by breaking the cycle of hardship through which these families struggle to support themselves and their children. We will break this cycle by providing basic needs such as housing, education, life skills training and medical care.
"Supporting the family structure allows the brilliance of individual gifts to shine."
- Great achievement is only possible through self-confidence
- A cycle of poverty and helplessness breeds hopelessness and low self-esteem
- Training and support can provide the confidence that will break the cycle
- It is through trust and teamwork that we achieve far beyond what is individually possible
- Healthy family relationships = positive self-image and high confidence
Our vision is that we are able to create a permanent and self-sufficient campus that can provide housing, job skills training, life skills training, medical care, psychological support, job placement assistance and emotional and spiritual support in an environment that builds self-confidence with accountability and ownership.
- To serve Americans in economically disadvantaged families
- To provide their children with services like daycare and after school activities while parents participate in the program(s)
- To implement housing, training and other programs to aid these families
- To provide services and aid through local organizations
- During our march to self-sufficiency
- On an ongoing basis after our campus is established
- To become a self-sustaining organization
We will first partner with local family service agencies and develop criteria for selecting to aid families in need. We will create an aid and training plan for selected families.
- Our selection criteria will be primarily based on economic need
- We recognize that a "fixed" threshold of poverty level does not adequately describe a family’s needs and also that being just above such a threshold does not significantly change a family’s economic outlook
- We will have a special emphasis on significantly at-risk children and in the needs of children of United States military veterans
How we intend to help:
- Work with Family Service Agencies/Organizations
- Work with realtors
- Work with HUD, etc.
- Purchase properties for the establishment of our campuses
- Approve grants for Technical schools, Colleges and Universities
- Assistance in applying for loans and grants
- Training in everyday skills that help support family life
- Automobile maintenance
- Plumbing and other trades
- Financial Literacy training
Job Placement Assistance
- Subsidizing day care during interviews and job search
- Partnering with local high-volume employers
- Resume preparation, job search skills training, etc.
Medical Care/Psychological Support/ Emotional Support
- Partnering with local facilities
- Eventually, providing on-campus services
Goals and Objectives for the next three to four years
- Implement the business and marketing timetable for the product line.
- Working with agencies for education, medical, life skills, and housing
- Working with ROI training and consulting via virtual training via the computer.
- Year 1 set up business and marketing initiatives.
- Year 2 continue marketing and working with various agencies.
- Year 3 Work on setting up housing and education.
- Year 4 Build on training, education medical and life skills.
As stated above, our goal is to become a self-sustaining organization that will provide service to children and families in need. Our goal of becoming self-sustaining and independent of contributions depends on our ability to produce and market products based on our characters and to develop licensing revenue to replace charitable cash income. We feel that we can accomplish the negotiation of licensing agreements within three years. Following is a narrative providing highlights and the major focus for each of the next three to four years: