Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
MISSION- The mission of Casa de Luz is to match people with the resources they need to transform their lives.
VISION- The vision of Casa de Luz is a community where each and every life has been transformed- physically, emotionally and spiritually- resulting in a happier, healthier, more productive neighborhood. Looking even beyond our neighborhood, our vision is to develop a replicable model for breaking cycles of poverty, abuse, crime and entitlement by providing viable, sustainable alternatives.
THEORY OF CHANGE- At Casa de Luz, we believe that true community transformation comes from: ADDRESSING BASIC NEEDS, CATERING TO EMOTIONAL NEEDS, and FACILITATING SPIRITUAL NEEDS. Casa de Luz has a place-based 6-step approach to helping people to transform their lives, which in turn helps to transform the community overall:
- People Come as They Are, usually in crisis
- Casa conducts a Needs Assessment (food, employment, recovery, intervention, self esteem, life skills, enrichment)
- Casa provides Services or Connection to existing resources
- Ongoing Care is administered through check-ins, counseling, celebrating successes, etc.
- Regular, Ongoing Needs Assessments are conducted for next appropriate steps
- Engagement of healthy people to volunteer and give back to their neighborhood
Casa de Luz is a church and community resource center operating in the impoverished neighborhood known as the Naked City. Casa operates one of the most productive food pantries in Las Vegas, and provides as a number of resource referral and life enrichment programs for residents.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!