San Antonio Canyon Town Hall
- Sports & Recreation
LocationPO BOX 681MT BALDY, CA 91759 United States
The purposes of San Antonio Canyon Town Hall are:
- To protect the quality of our natural resources.
- To secure and improve our vested interests.
- To cooperate with other agencies to promote the quality of land use management in this area.
- To improve and maintain the dialogue between the various groups and associations and the members thereof.
- To approach and become involved with, resolving if possible, the problems too large for individuals or individual organizations to resolve.
San Antonio Canyon Town Hall, a nonprofit 501(c)(4), is preparing for its 50th annual Labor Day fundraiser, the Mt. Baldy Run-to-the-Top (RTTT), which will be held on September 7, 2015. This is one of California's most popular mountain trail runs, a very challenging 7-mile+ trail run with ~4,000′ of elevation gain. Beginning at ~6,000′ elevation, the final mile, the steepest, is above timberline. The finish is at the summit of beautiful Mt. San Antonio (Mt. Baldy) at 10,064′.
Town Hall is excited to reach this 50 th milestone. We’re planning a celebration at the Ski Lifts, complete with live bands, for all runners, volunteers, sponsors, and spectators. And, for the very first time, we’re offering a 5k opportunity that will follow the initial RTTT course and then end at the Ski Lifts, at 7,800′.
The funding that the RTTT provides Town Hall allows us to continue to make annual donations to the Mt. Baldy Fire Department and West Valley Search & Rescue; and to maintain an emergency fund for disaster relief. Last August, Mt. Baldy suffered a catastrophic storm. Town Hall was in the position to respond to the needs of residents and the volunteer repair and clean-up crews. We continue to fund safety projects for the local community and tens of thousands of visitors who hike, bike, and play in the local wilderness.
We couldn't hold the RTTT without volunteers.