- Children & Youth
Location10105 East Vía LindaSuite #103Scottsdale, AZ 85258 United States
DreamCatchers is a nonprofit organization that creates powerful connections for younger and older generations by empowering students and their local communities to fulfill the end-of-life dreams of hospice patients.
Student chapters work with local hospices in their communities to fulfill the Dreams of their patients, in the form of a memorable experience or event to celebrate that person and their life. For example, a Dream may be a sailboat ride, for a man who loved the ocean and spent years of his life on boats and submarines. Or, a Dream may come in the form of a family reunion celebration, for a patient ("Dreamer") who rarely gets to see their family anymore and wants to spend some quality time together.
Other past Dreams we’ve fulfilled include:
- Trip to a ballgame (baseball/football/hockey/baske tball)
- Birthday party
- Car show
- Boat/plane/helicopter ride
- Trip to local attraction (i.e. Botanical Gardens in Phoenix or Washington Monument in DC)
- Dancing- bring in a local artist/band, dancers (especially popular in nursing home/assisted living environments)
- Gourmet dinner
- Beauty- makeover, hair/nails, spa day
- Horseshoes/bingo game day
We operate 45 chapters in 17 states and have enlisted over 500 volunteers to help us fulfill our mission.
We partner with a network of 250 hospice providers and have actualized hundreds of Dreams for hospice patients.