Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To reduce the number of accidental injuries to children ages 14 and under through:
- Community Partnerships
- Public Awareness
- Distribution of safety equipment and providing education on its proper use.
Launched in 1987, Safe Kids Worldwide is the first and only international non-profit organization dedicated solely to the prevention of accidental injuries, a leading killer of children 14 and under. More than 450 coalitions in 17 countries bring together health and safety experts, educators, corporations, foundations, governments and volunteers to educate and protect families. Created in 1992, Safe Kids Gainesville/Hall County is one of 22 coalitions in Georgia . Northeast Georgia Medical Center and Health System, Inc. serves as the lead agency for Safe Kids Gainesville/Hall County. Our programs are funded by The Medical Center Foundation's Healthy Journey II Campaign . The coalition is made up of more than 100 members representing more than 30 community agencies.
Safe Kids/Gainesville Hall County tracks childhood injury rates through Northeast Georgia Medical Center 's Emergency Departments. Specific injury information is obtained on each patient age 14 and under and categorized for analysis. We are able to target our programs based on this data.Coalition Awards:
- 2001 Coalition of the Year from Safe Kids Georgia
- 2001 Outstanding Program Award from Safe Kids Georgia (Helmet Safety Campaign)
- 2001 Outstanding Lead Agency from Safe Kids Worldwide
- 2003 Coalition of the Year from Safe Kids Worldwide
- 2008 Outstanding Coalition Award from Safe Kids Georgia
- Kim Martin
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!