Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
As a ministry of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in response to Christ's love and example, the Cumberland Presbyterian Children's Home exists to provide a safe and wholesome environment for the development of children and to bring healing and hope to children and their families.
Cumberland Presbyterian Children's Home protects children who need a safe place to live, sustains families working toward self-sufficiency and healthier family relationships and equips providers to serve children and families.Protecting Children
CPCH protects children who need a safe place to live through our Residential Care Program, which serves up to 24 children who are ages 3-17. They live in a home-like, Christian environment where they receive:
- access to medical and dental care
- case management
- life skills training
Family Outfitters Program
CPCH reaches out to families in the community who are striving to improve their lives through education and counseling:
- Parenting with Love and Logic classes - A nationally recognized approach to eliminating power struggles and raising responsible children.
- Individual, marital and family therapy - Available to the community on a sliding fee scale based on the client's ability to pay.
- Family Literacy Training - English as a Second Language, computer/academic mini-camps for all ages.
CPCH supports family self-sufficiency and prevents homelessness through our Single Parent Family Program. We assist mothers or fathers and their children by offering:
- On-Campus Housing - Housing with rent assistance for one year; basic utilities included.
- Case Management - Goal setting process with weekly follow-up meetings. Referrals for additional assistance.
- Family Therapy - Enhance and improve family dynamics.
- Parenting Skills Training - Eliminate power struggles using Love & Logic. A nationally recognized approach to raise responsible children.
- Personal Financial Management - Realistic goal setting and budgeting.
- Spiritual Development
- Life Skills Training - Various classes including computer skills and healthy eating.
- Job Search Assistance - Train to use internet to search for jobs, prepare resumes and interview.
- GED Study Assistance - Computers and software.
Through program sharing, CPCH equips churches and other organizations that serve children and families by providing training either on-site or on our campus:
- Family Enrichment - We can provide training for parents desiring to strengthen their relationships with each other and their children.
- Crisis Intervention - We can equip staff members to support families through creating and using a crisis plan.
- Staff/Leadership Development - We can teach family ministries effective ways to promote healthy relationships productive learning and conflict resolution.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!