Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
DEFIBRILLATOR (a.k.a dfbrL8r or dfb) is a non-profit 501c3 arts organization that contextualizes performance within the visual art realm. dfb provides a gathering place to conceive, present and promote performance art and other ephemeral forms of expression.
DEFIBRILLATOR aims to:
- provide opportunities for emerging and established CHICAGO artists to conceive and present performance art
- present international/out-of-town artists to represent a vast range of styles and forms
- build discourse and criticism surrounding performance art
- raise appreciation for performance art among the general public
- cultivate a resourceful and supportive transdisciplinary artistic community
DEFIBRILLATOR PERFORMANCE ART GALLERY
(a.k.a DFBRL8R or dfb)
Committed to presenting a vast range of styles and forms, dfb is a non-profit 501c3 arts organization dedicated to fostering local talent while invigorating the Chicago art community with out-of-town [often international] artists. Curated by dfb director, Joseph Ravens, artists often present minimalist action-based or conceptual performances, looking to endurance, the body, objects and architecture for inspiration, research and practice. Our curatorial mission involves representing a vast range of styles and forms of time-based art. Appreciation for performance art among the general public is encouraged through programming, workshops, symposia, discourse and criticism. Providing opportunities for established and emerging artists, DEFIBRILLATOR cultivates a resourceful and supportive artistic community. DEFIBRILLATOR provides a gathering place to conceive, present, and promote performance and other ephemeral forms of expression.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!