Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Maybelle Center nurtures the body, mind and spirit of the forgotten poor in Old Town-Downtown Portland by building connections and community.
* Break isolation
* Promote respect
* Support independence
* Foster compassion
* Educate for social change
What makes us different from other social service agencies is our relationship-centered approach.VALUES
We practice the following values in our everyday work with members, volunteers, supporters and community partners:
- Community: Cultivate an environment that encourages physical, emotional, and spiritual health and connectedness.
- Diversity: Honor the uniqueness of each individual, challenge stereotypes, and promote sensitivity and inclusion.
- Education: Advance the knowledge and awareness of tomorrow’s leaders for social change.
- Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, reliability, accountability, and fairness in all actions.
- Respect: Practice consideration and appreciation for the wholeness and dignity of each person.
- Spirituality: Encourage and support individuals on their journeys to find a purpose and meaning in life.
We live out these values as we work toward the vision we know is possible for the Old Town-Downtown community.