Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We believe that no one deserves to live in isolation. We have been building community and relationships with individuals in Old Town and Downtown Portland for over 25 years. Because of donors and volunteers, each year over 500 members have a community at Maybelle Center where they are loved and accepted, right where they are.
* Break isolation
* Promote respect
* Support independence
* Foster compassion
* Educate for social change
What makes us different from other social service agencies is our relationship-centered approach.VALUES
We practice the following values in our everyday work with members, volunteers, supporters and community partners:
- Community: Cultivate an environment that encourages physical, emotional, and spiritual health and connectedness.
- Diversity: Honor the uniqueness of each individual, challenge stereotypes, and promote sensitivity and inclusion.
- Education: Advance the knowledge and awareness of tomorrow’s leaders for social change.
- Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, reliability, accountability, and fairness in all actions.
- Respect: Practice consideration and appreciation for the wholeness and dignity of each person.
- Spirituality: Encourage and support individuals on their journeys to find a purpose and meaning in life.
We live out these values as we work toward the vision we know is possible for the Old Town-Downtown community.