Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are a nationwide network of volunteers who share one love, Our Beloved Homeless Animals. Our Mission is:
· To rescue abused, abandoned, surrendered and disaster relief homeless animals (cats and dogs mainly).
· To act as liaison between shelters, animal control and disaster agencies nationwide.
· To assist in providing appropriate medical care; to ensure all homeless animals placed directly through, or into carefully screened Hurricane Pets Rescue (HPR) Foster Homes are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on shots, tested for FeLV/FIV and heart worm.
· To provide carefully screened foster homes, if necessary prior to re-homing.
· To assist in assuring that they are placed in carefully screened forever homes.
· To share our wisdom and knowledge of different breeds to assist in identifying purebred cats and dogs that wind up in shelters.
· To educate potential adopters about the different breeds.
· To alert breeders that a cat or dog from their facility may need help.
· To network with other rescue groups and pool our resources.
· To help transport homeless animals to their temporary foster or new forever homes.
· To network with other transport groups and pool our resources.
· To remain ever at hand, if needed, after a successful rescue has taken place.
· To assist in providing resources, education and information regarding spay/neuter, declawing, behavior problems, indoor/outdoor issues (for cats).
· To do our part to educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
We are an all breed ,nationwide NO KILL non-profit rescue.
We offer shelter and care for homeless disaster relief animals, through a network of rescue and foster homes. We encourage Spayed and Neutered programs and to present education regarding animal care and welfare.
Hurricane Pets is compromised of a small group of private individuals, committed to the lives of the animals we save.
Most of these animals we rescue after a disaster remain in foster care for a period of 3 months, if after 3 months the animal is not reclaim by its owner ,that animal is then put up for adoption.
Some animals are also owner surrender and those are put up for adoption immediately.
All expenses come out of our own pockets. Adoption fees are set to a limited amount and are used to offset the cost of necessary medical and caring expenses of the animals in our care.
We are not a shelter and we operate solely from foster homes.
- Hurricane Pets Rescue Inc. (HPR)
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!