Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To be the most effective secondary education program supporting the needs of underserved, at-risk teens.
To create communities of students who set and achieve their personal goals, inside and outside the classroom.
To nurture and support the growth of the world’s future leaders.
To serve 20 middle schools and 20 high schools by the Fall of 2015, potentially supporting as many as 1,000 individual students.
In 2004 The Ever Forward Club ( www.everforwardclub.org ) was founded to help decrease the massive numbers of African American and Latino Males who were failing more than 50% of their classes. They were not failing because they did not have the ability, but because they did not have a strong enough "why". The mission of The Ever Forward Club is to create communities of students who are setting and achieving goals inside and outside the classroom, so that their lives will be a reflection of their goals but only a by-product of their circumstances.
The Ever Forward Club is celebrating our 9th year supporting students to achieve their goals and creating safe spaces for them to deal with the social emotional components that young men often have a hard time balancing. We are experiencing tremendous growth, however the need continues to grow.
We are excited to reveal the following successes:
- As of 2012, there is a 100% high school graduation rate of the Ever Forward Club students who commit to being a part of our club by attending weekly meetings and participating in events.
- 93% of those graduates are now "first-generation" college students. These Ever Forward Club students are the first in their families to attend college.
- Currently 6 students have graduated from University. (Cal Berkeley, UC Davis, CSU East Bay and Academy of Art College)
- 8 consecutive 24 Hour Relay Challenges, our annual community service project, have been produced with a combined total of over 1000 participants and over 350 volunteers!
- 7 consecutive college tours have taken over 150 pre-collegiate students to visit colleges (many of the students visiting a college for the first time).
- Ashanti Branch
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!