Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the School of American Music is to provide education, performance, and audience opportunities in music, and related arts, in the Southwest Michigan area.
- EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING - offer programs only when there are highly qualified people to lead them
- OPENNESS - operate a community institution based on transparency, fairness and openness to all in participation and governance
- SUSTAINABILITY - ensure financial security and the ability to continue to provide programs
- AFFORDABLITY - keep fees low and provide scholarships when needed
- SUPPORT LOCAL ARTISTS & TEACHERS - they are vital to our quality of life
The School of American Music is developing and operating the Three Arts and Education Center (dba).
The site of the A&E Center is the former Theee Oaks Village Hall. Re-design and consrruction of the new space is underway and some programs have begun. The mission of the Three Oaks Arts and Education Center is to provide a place where children can focus on subjects not emphasized in the public schools like art and music; a place where teens can get together for activities they enjoy like using a recording studio; a place where grownups can meet, have exercise classes, be in a community choir, and pursue cultural/educational opportunities. These activities are desired by local residents because they fulfill lifelong educational, vocational, and social needs.
We aim to attract teachers and volunteers to build out progrmming in a number of areas, including:
Clap Your Hands Group class for children 3-5 years: dance, singing, storytelling, art, and movement.
Community Choir For any age, led by Priscilla Hellenga
Music Recording Student interns use professional equipment to record CDs, demos, oral history, birthday/holiday gifts, etc.
Music Performance Student interns operate A&E indoor/outdoor stages for low-risk, low cost venue for starters or old timers to play for a group
THEATER Outdoor stage, indoor rehearsal space for any age level of theater, storytelling, puppets, local groups.
Chess Club Outdoor chess boards.
Painting drawing, watercolor, oils
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!