Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The S.F. Johnson Foundation is non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with exempt status currently in California. The Association was designed to address the needs of the whole household and issues specific to individuals living in poverty. The S.F. Johnson Foundation is open to all persons regardless of race or religion and is currently located in Sacramento California.
The Foundation addresses the areas of education, financial stability, self-motivation and discipline through programs and services. As a program tailored to address the needs of those living in poverty and more specifically, The whole family living in poverty, we have set our goals as follows:
1) Begin the Women's Self Awareness Program in low-income neighborhoods for all single mothers regardless of race or religion.
2) Begin economic development programs in low-income neighborhoods that will produce jobs for residents of those neighborhoods.
3) Aid and direct all children, grades 3 through 12, in achieving a math grade of C or higher.
4) Provide mentoring program for young boys who live without a father in the home.
5) Work closely with neighborhood businesses to increase awareness of the program and begin partnerships and commitments to the program and its services.
6) Begin and maintain community outreach that services the whole Family.
7) Work closely with Government Officials to put policy in place that will address the issues of poverty in the single parent home.
8) Emphasize the importance of unity, self-respect and family and Community.