Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To advocate for and empower refugee families and refugee citizens to create sustainable lives in Arizona.
We are a non-profit refugee mutual assistance association funded by the DHHS Administration for Children and Families, Office of Refugee Resettlement, where refugees can feel at home with native languages, child-friendly meeting space, traditional learning styles, and culturally-appropriate assistance in achieving financial and social self-sufficiency.
Horizons for Refugee Families was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in Arizona on December 23, 2004 following a series of community organizing meetings that fall. Horizons is an ethnic community-based refugee self-help organization, as defined by the US DHHS Office of Refugee Resettlement. Our Board of Directors was elected by Somali Bantu refugee community members in Tucson, thereby meeting the definitional requirement that 51% of board members must be refugees from the target ethnic community.
Services & Programs:
- Pre-Literate ESL Classes & Tutoring
- Citizenship Assistance
- Mock Naturalization Interviews
- BIA-Accredited Immigration Services (open to the public!)
- Homework Tutoring/Academic Mentoring
- Youth Development
- Cultural & Community Outreach
- Case Management
- Translation & Interpretation Services
- Micro-Enterprise (Micro-E) Development: Somali Bantu Artisan Beading Co-Op
- Megan Fabry
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!