The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
The Gaia-Movement Living Earth Green World Action USA, Inc. The GAIA Movement, USA, is a not for profit organization based in Chicago. It raises funds for environmental projects - Gaia projects. It raises the funds by collecting and selling used clot... Read more
The Gaia-Movement Living Earth Green World Action USA, Inc.
The GAIA Movement, USA, is a not for profit organization based in Chicago.
It raises funds for environmental projects - Gaia projects.
It raises the funds by collecting and selling used clothes.
The clothes collection in Chicago is The GAIA Movement, USA's first environmental project.
Collecting used clothes is a sound environmental way in which to economize with the resources and to save space at the landfill.
The GAIA Movement, USA is tax-exempted under section 501(c)(3).
* Collect your used clothes and donate them in this container to The Gaia-Movement Living Earth Green World Action.
* Sell the donated clothes. With the proceeds we, on your behalf, instigate the ideas and some of the many practices of the protection of the living earth.
* We hire rangers, install trails for eco-tourism, arrange nature study camps for schools, conduct scientific studies to establish further knowledge of plant and animal life in the reserves. AND we accept personal and institutional membership. Also, we run a volunteer program.
* Join in - we are very much alive.
* Donate - we get $2 worth for every $1 spent.
* By supporting you become part of
* Establishing natural reserves * Running natural reserves * Securing, renting, buying, owning, accepting as gifts and preserving virgin land as natural reserve * Developing new areas as natural reserves * Reusing clothes * Preserving the natural habitat for plants and animals * Supporting sustainable forestry * Educating young and old in nature concern * Protecting the barrier reef * Protecting the mangroves * Producing CO2 neutral electricity * Producing solar energy * Installing and running windmills * Professionally cleaning water * Researching into, developing and producing nature-based sewage systems * Building sanctuaries and saving animals * Becoming a part of the Gaia Movement * Practicing deep ecology * Acting as partners in the solidary humanism