Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Founded in 1990, the FCTF is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to reducing your property taxes by:
- close oversight of Fulton County and Atlanta governments
- researching the " best practices " of model cities, counties and school districts
- lobbying the Georgia General Assembly, the County Board of Commissioners and the City Council
FCTF is committed to fighting against government waste, mismanagement and corruption. All our officers and board members serve pro-bono.
Benefits of Membership:
The Fulton County Taxpayers Foundation (FCTF) is a 501© (3) tax-deductible organization dedicated to reducing your property taxes.Since 1990, we have saved each homeowner in Atlanta and Fulton County thousands of dollars in property taxes. The FCTF is responsible for reducing property taxes, on average, by over $1,258 per homeowner in 2005: (amount is now $1,000) :
- The FCTF persuaded the Governor to retain the $10,000 Homestead Credit, saving every homeowner $478.
- The FCTF influenced the Fulton County Board of Commissioners to vote down a 1% Sales Tax increase.
- The FCTF successfully lobbied the Fulton County Board of Commissioners to fully rollback the tax rate, saving taxpayers 4.7% of their county tax.
- The FCTF negotiated with the County for a 3 year "lock-in" of property assessments set by the Board of Equalization.
Membership Services (No charge, part of membership fee):
- Annual property tax seminars.
- Information needed to conduct a property assessment appeal, including: "How to" brochure
- Recommendation of Certified Property Appraisers that conduct Assessment Appeals at a special members only discount.
- Monthly newsletter addressing issues affecting property taxes.
- Advocacy of "best practices" and fiscal responsibility at County Board of Commissioners, City Council and S chool Board meetings.
- E mail updates on local events impacting property taxes.
- Telephone support services, 404-869-6066.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!