Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Destination ImagiNation is to foster the development of creative thinking and problem solving skills. The emphasis is on the "process," the learning that takes place all year as the teams prepare their Challenge solutions. Great minds don't necessarily think alike, and they often march to different drummers; there are no set "right" answers. Those involved with Destination ImagiNation discover that creative solutions come from teamwork, cooperation, and risk-taking.
From the Coordinator Guide 2007-08 p3
- Destination ImagiNation is the largest worldwide creative problem solving program for teams in preschool through college.
- The Destination ImagiNation Program develops 5 Team Challenges and Instant Challenges each year. One non-competitive Rising Stars! Team Challenge (for 5-9 year olds) is also developed each year.
- Destination ImagiNation incorporates a specific creative problem solving process and tools into its traing and the Challenges.
- Every state, province, or country affiliated with Destination ImagiNation is known as an Affiliate Organization. In most Affiliates, there are Regional and Affiliate Finals Tournaments that are held between February and April of each year.
- The Destination ImagiNation year culminates with the Global Finals Tournament, which takes place in May of each year.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!