Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Senior Housing and Retirement Enterprises (SHARE) is a [non]profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to developing affordable housing options for elder sexual minorities and their allies in the Portland metropolitan region. Through affordable housing, SHARE will affirm the health and needs of this special population and ensure that our gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender seniors spend their elder years in safety and comfort surrounded by a supportive and active environment.
- Survey existing affordable housing, adult foster homes, assistive living, memory care, and nursing homes.
- Develop community partnerships to serve LGBTI elders.
- Create online directory.
Adult Foster Home
- Establish a 5 bedroom home for our community in 2008 offering assistance of daily living.
Develop Affordable Housing
- Develop partnership with Housing Development Center (HDC) and REACH.
- Build a 40-80 unit affordable housing complexclose to shopping, transportation, and entertainment. A community center at the base offering life enrichment activities, commercial kitchen, and many amenities. Estimated completion in 2009-2010.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!