Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The humane management of forgotten felines (feral, semi-feral and stray).
Forgotten Felines of Forsyth is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization, committed to humanely reducing the feral and stray cat population in Forsyth County, NC (and surrounding counties) through a low-cost Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program, subsequent colony management, and advocacy on behalf of feral cats.Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is an effective, internationally recognized program to reduce, and eventually eliminate, feral cat colonies.
Cats are trapped, spayed or neutered, treated for ear mites and fleas, receive a left ear notch, and are returned to their original location. In a TNR program, a feral cat colony caretaker, who is a volunteer rescue worker, feeds the cats on a daily basis and takes them to a veterinarian if they require medical assistance. The resultant group of cats, including any new cats entering the caretaker's sphere, is known as a managed feral cat colony.FFF Does:
· Sterilize feral and stray cats
· Provide rabies and distemper vaccinations at the time of surgery
· Provide flea and ear mite treatment at the time of surgery
· Permanently notch the left ear of sterilized cats
· Return the cat to the original locationFFF Does Not:
· Accept cats for adoption from the public
· Relocate cats
· Participate in cat trapping for euthanasia
· Participate in cat trapping for release to animal control
· Establish feral cat colonies
· Trap kittens under 3 months old, unless prior arrangements have been made to keep them inside to await adoption or until old enough for sterilization and a rabies vaccine
· Spay/neuter personal pets (we can direct you to other resources offering low cost s/n options)
- Diana Perkinson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!