Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mexico Solidarity Network struggles for democracy, economic justice and human rights on both sides of the US-Mexico border. Civil society must take the leading role in fomenting social change by developing democratic spaces and empowered communities that are outside of party/establishment structures, while always interacting with those structures. The Mexico Solidarity Network is a grassroots-based organization dedicated to profound social change that challenges existing power relationships and builds community from the ground up.
The program of the Network:
- increases grassroots democratic spaces and empowers communities,
- develops grassroots consciousness, organizing skills and leadership in directly affected communities and among new social actors,
- increases effective contacts between grassroots activists and elected officials,
- increases links between Mexican and US civil society, developing effective bi-national strategies within civil society to confront common problems, and
- increases the number and quality of effective strategic alliances between directly affected communities and new social actors.