Senior Paws Dog Rescue and Sanctuary, Inc.
- Board Development
- Health & Medicine
Locationc/o 4710 SE Bywood TerStuart, FL 34997 United States
Senior Paws Dog Rescue and Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all volunteer charitable organization dedicated to rescuing, sheltering and rehoming abandoned seniordogs in Florida. Until our seniors find their forever homes, we provide safety, necessary health care, comfort, enrichment, companionship, joy, healing and most of all--unconditional love. All funds raised go directly to our program, and all donations are tax-deductible.
Senior Paws Dog Rescue and Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operated solely by volunteers who rescue senior dogs in the state of Florida. These are dogs who have been abandoned, dumped in shelters or destined for premature euthanasia, due to reasons that are not warranted. Our organization provides:
- Medical treatment when illness is curable or manageable
- Preventative treatment to prolong the healthy senior dog’s life
- Loving palliative hospice care for terminally ill senior dogs
- Both traditional and alternative health and wellness care as appropriate
- Dedicated efforts to secure permanent, safe and loving life-long homes
Historically, dogs were domesticated to provide service and companionship to humans. In return, we feel compelled to provide safe havens for them:
- We are 100% volunteer and foster-based
- Our Directors and Coordinators do not receive compensation
- Our mission is to take a conservative approach with finances to maintain low overhead and to focus our donations directly for the care of our dogs
- Quality of care for our seniors before quantity of rescues
Senior Paws Dog Rescue and Sanctuary is a limited-admission organization. We accept only those senior dogs for which we have fosters. By limiting our dog population, we are successful in meeting the standards of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians.