Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Senior Paws Dog Rescue is located in Jupiter, Florida. We are a dedicated group of fosters and volunteers who have a special place in our hearts for senior dogs. We strive to improve the lives of senior dogs who find themselves without families to care for them. We are an all foster-based organization, so our dogs live in foster homes as members of our families. Until our seniors find their forever homes, we provide care, comfort, companionship, healing and most of all, unconditional love. For more information about our mission, visit www.seniorpawsdogrescue.org.
So what defines a senior dog? Senior dogs have highly individualized "senior" age due to the size and lifespan of the breed. For instance, Great Danes have an average life span of 7-9 years, so at 3-5 years old, he is considered a senior; however, Chihuahuas have an average life span of 15-20 years, thus at 8-10 years old, she would be considered a senior.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All funds raised go directly to our rescue program, and all donations are tax-deductible.
Senior Paws Dog Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operated solely by loving and dedicated volunteers who rescue senior dogs in the state of Florida. These are dogs who have been abandoned, dumped in shelters or destined for premature euthanasia, due to reasons that are not warranted. Our organization is dedicated to provide:
- Medical treatment when illness is curable or manageable
- Preventative treatment to prolong the healthy senior dog’s life
- Loving palliative hospice care for terminally ill senior dogs
- Both traditional and alternative health and wellness care as appropriate
- Dedicated efforts to secure permanent, safe and loving life-long homes
Our belief is that as humans, we are all in this together. Historically, dogs were domesticated to provide service and companionship to humans. In return, we feel compelled to provide safe havens for them. Our work with other rescue organizations and shelter facilities aims at increasing community awareness and involvement through outreach and hands-on education. We are proud of our unique approaches and activities for the benefit of our senior dogs:
- We are 100% volunteer and foster-based.
- Our Directors and Coordinators are skilled in their primary areas of expertise and do not receive compensation.
- Our mission is to take a conservative approach with finances to maintain low overhead and to focus our donations directly for the care of our dogs.
- Quality of care for our seniors before quantity of rescues are our most important goals.
- We coach our foster parents to develop the skills needed to provide safe and loving shelter for our senior dogs, until they find permanent homes.
- We are an open adoption rescue, meaning we focus on the positive aspects of potential adopters, instead of looking for reasons why they should be denied from adoption.
Senior Paws Dog Rescue is a limited-admission organization. Avoiding overcrowded conditions or boarding facilities, we accept only those senior dogs for which we have fosters. By limiting our dog population, we are successful in meeting the standards of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!