Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Camp No Worries is a summer camp created solely to give children with cancer and their siblings an opportunity to relax, enjoy themselves and forget about their troubles for one week every summer.
It's a place that allows children facing a diagnosis of cancer to just be kids. It's a place of happiness, friendship and new adventures. It's a place of camaraderie and acceptance where everyone knows first-hand what it's like to live with cancer. And, it's a true summer camp experience in every sense of the word.
Camp No Worries strives to:
- Provide a safe, well staffed environment where children can participate in normal camp activities
- Provide the special medical expertise and close monitoring required for children with cancer not offered at an ordinary summer camp
- Offer each child an opportunity to make friends with other children who share similar situations and experiences
- Encourage each child to develop a self-sufficient, positive attitude and the self-esteem that is acquired after looking after oneself
- Give children in the early stage of their disease an opportunity to meet and learn from others who are further along in treatment and/or who have achieved remission
- Make a camp experience financially feasible for a family who might not otherwise be able to afford it, and to provide respite for other family members while the child is at camp
- Provide an away from home experience that is positive for the child(ren) and that parents can be assured is safe and will lessen separation anxiety
Activities at Camp No Worries include (but are not limited to):
- Arts and Crafts
- Horseback riding
- Campfire sing-a-longs
- All-camp activities (scavenger hunts, messy games)
- Themed evening activities (camp dance, movie night, talent show)
- Carolyn Bernacki
- (856) 234-6200
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!