Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To bring a comprehensive transformation in the lives of target community in a sustainable manner, whereby the people can get abundant and reliant future.
As the Mission,Nalantha is trying to attain the above vision in the areas of children, families and community through Peoples participation.
A group of young social workers had an idea to form a registered association when they served in different organizations, from where they gathered experience since 1985. They realized the need to start an organization, which would stand for the rural depressed women and their community development. This resulted in the establishment of NALANTHA EDUCATIONAL TRUST(NET), which was registered under the Indian public Trust ACT of Tamil Nadu Government and also registered under the 12 AA of Income tax Act of Government Of India. The organization has very good infrastructure and facilities in its campus of Anbalaya to undertake various initiatives and social development programs.
- 1. To enhance the quality of living and socio-economic condition of downtrodden communities through strategic intervention on Women and Child Development, Water and Sanitation, Health and Hygiene, Sustainable Agriculture, Bio diversity Conservation and Climate.
- 2. To support the deserving and neglected elders in the society thorough short stay elders rest room and reinstate them into their mainstream living through appropriate intervention
- 3. To have special focus attention towards special children and youths ; physically challenged and mentally retarded through running of special schools and care homes.
- 4. To capacitate the younger generation with life skills and entrepreneur skills with necessary forward back ward linkages
- 5. To run educational and capacity building Institutes focusing on social development
- 6. To work on advocacy and lobbying initiatives to attain the above objectives.