Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of The Museum of Broadcast Communications (MBC) is to collect, preserve, and present historic and contemporary radio and television content as well as educate, inform, and entertain the public through its archives, public programs, screenings, exhibits, publications, and online access to its resources. The MBC is an Illinois non-profit corporation that owns and manages two subsidiaries, museum.tv and the National Radio Hall of Fame (NRHOF) and its website radiohof.org.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications is one of only three museums dedicated to broadcast history in the nation. MBC is home to America s only National Radio Hall of Fame Gallery. Our 62,000 square foot facility is located at 360 North State Street (at Kinzie) next door to Harry Caray s Italian Steakhouse and Hotel Sax. This large space allows the Museum to expand its collections and serve a wide range of audiences.
The new MBC includes
- A two-story, glass and steel lobby atrium
- Oprah’s Door through which she made her famous grand entrance each day
- WGN’s Family Classics set
- Penthouse with garden terrace for private events of up to 700 guests
- 183 inductee posters in the only National Radio Hall of Fame Gallery
- The original Charlie McCarthy, Mortimer Snerd, and Effie Klinker
- Scores of radio memorabilia and vintage radios
- Working radio and television studios
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!