Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Muslim Family Services is to assist, educate and facilitate in the success and flourishing of families based on Islamic teachings through education, counseling and liaison and supportive services
Muslim Family Services (MFS) -- Overview
Workshops for married couples, youths & parents (Conventions/ Islamic Centers/ Schools) * Reply email and telephonic questions about family matters * Quarterly Newsletter -- Nationwide mailing to Islamic Centers; Distribution in Metro-Detroit * Website -- Q&A, Newsletters, Articles, Reports, Donation * Training of Imams and community leaders for family counseling * Publish books -- Q&A book, subject-matter booklet * Develop videos -- ICNA Convention workshops
* Pre-marriage counseling * Marital Counseling * Parental Counseling * Psychiatric counseling
* Screen applications for emergency help and provide bills payment support * Ramadan food basket program
* Be a information bank * Awareness lectures * Maintain list of potential foster parents
* Liaison with family courts in Metro-Detroit cities * Liaison with foster parent agency * Liaison with state social service department * Research family issues and develop Islamic solutions * Become a subject matter resource center for mainstream and ethnic media * Establish subject matter resource relationship with Detroit Public School Board * Establish partner relationship with major Metro-Detroit Muslim Communities Development
* Staff training -- courses, conferences * Develop volunteer resources from community * Staff recruitment * Longterm planning and monitoring
* Seek funding from local Islamic Centers for MFS * Seek funding from local Islamic Centers for emergency help services * Write grant proposals to City and private foundations
* Good housekeeping * Courteous customer service * Organized customer and internal records * Accurate record keeping -- monthly, six monthly & annual reports * Timely organizational meetings
- Ashley Sullivan
- (313) 366-6800
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!