Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Spina Bifida Association of Georgia
The Spina Bifida Association of Georgia's primary goal is to promote full achievment of personal potential for all individuals born with Spina Bifida in Georgia. We also strive to emphasize education and prevention of this birth defect.
Our initiatives and programs include the following:
- We assist in the operation of the Spina Bifida Clinic at Childrens Health-care of Atlanta.
- We communicate with those families to provide availability to comprehensive programs for care and support throughout Georgia. While working to enhance their quality of life.
- We assist to mentor young parents and families of children with Spina Bifida. We also promote and coordinate social programs for teens & young adults with Spina Bifida.
- We promote and coordinate the medical, educational, vocational, social and recreational needs of these families, their children and young adults with Spina Bifida.
- We also provide information for summer camps, organize walk-a-thons, Holiday parties, support groups, educational workshops and fundraisers for the families of Spina Bifida of Georgia.
- We operate an informational web-site at email@example.com which provides information and assistance for these families.
- We are working to build public awareness about Spina Bifida and prevention by promoting a campaign of 400 mcg of daily Folic Acid supplements for all women of child bearing age. This could significantly reduce the incidences of Spina Bifida up to 75%.
- We work with an active Network of Organizations in Georgia daily concerning up- to-date health-care, prevention and research.
- Such organizations include The Georgia Public Health System, the CDC, Childrens Health-care of Atlanta, Medical Specialists, Parent Support Groups, Shepherd Center and our Spina Bifida Board of Directors.
- We have established the SBAG as the primary resource for information on Spina Bifida in Georgia
- Jill Pearce
- 770 939-1044
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!