Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Kamama Community Garden allows multiple generations and diverse groups to partner in the provision of resources and enlightens students and the community while encouraging environmental sustainability and awareness.
The Community Garden will build teamwork on campus, enrich community relations, raise awareness of the benefits of organic gardening and healthy eating, and create an aesthetically pleasing environment in which the community can gather and learn.
Kamama (butterfly in Cherokee) proudly represents the diverse cultural heritage of our student body.
- A beautiful green space where people connect to the environment;
- A place to educate and expand the knowledge of students and the community, regarding:
- Sustainable agriculture
- Native American culture and gardening practices
- Gardening processes, including natural environments and organic practices, and
- Food preparation;
- A project to build and strengthen campus and community relations;
- A locale for sharing food and ideas;
- A method for preserving land, culture, and tradition; and
- A service learning opportunity for multiple generations.
- Benjamin Bryson
- Need admin access?