Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival is one of California's most prominent celebrations of Asian traditions. Each year, over 200,000 people attend this dazzling display showcasing the color and grace of the Japanese culture and the diversity of the Japanese American Community.
The festival is held for two weekends in the month of April. The festival is located on Post Street between Laguna and Fillmore Streets. There will be food booths, cultural performances, martial arts, live bands, the annual Queen Program, and more. The Grand Parade will be held on Second Sunday of the fesitval beginning at City Hall and concluding in Japantown.
To make every year a success, we need your help!
All volunteers will be assisting the logistics team. Upon checking in for their shifts at the information booth (located in the Peace Plaza), volunteers will receive a T-Shirt, and water will be available upon request. In addition, any supplies (such as gloves, brooms, dust pans, etc.) essential to completing assigned duties will be provided at the information booth. The following are examples of the logistics team's needs from all volunteers:
- Delivering and setting up barricades, tables, chairs, and other supplies
- Setting up, maintaining, and organizing green compost, yellow disposal, and blue recycle bins
- Sweeping the area for beautification
- Assisting in running Sanrio's arts & crafts and game activities
- Assisting with gate and traffic monitoring
- Securing area around the Peace Plaza Stage
- Securing area around the Beer Garden (21+)
- Monitoring safety of guests by making sure they stay behind the barricades
- Escorting VIPs to Grand Stand
- Securing area around MCs
- Float Traffic Monitoring on Fillmore Street
- Other requests as needed
- Wayne Chin
- (415) 563-2313
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!