Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AmeriCorps*VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) provides full-time members to nonprofit, faith-based and other community organizations, and public agencies to create and expand programs that ultimately bring low-income individuals and communities out of poverty.
Make a Difference! National Service in Indiana.
Through AmeriCorps* VISTA, ordinary people provide extraordinary service in more than 1,200 projects nationwide. When you sign on for a year in the Indiana AmeriCorps* VISTA program, you work alongside many other National Service Professionals in a federal program that places members with the staffs of nonprofit organizations that do meaningful, vital work around the state. No manual or clerical labor is involved - we require only your commitment to service and excellence. Full-time positions are available now, right here in Indiana.
Volunteers in Service To America
Fighting Poverty With Passion
Your work as a VISTA Member alleviates poverty - in urban or rural settings - through the work of organizations that embrace the abilities and aptitudes you already possess, while helping you to acquire new ones. In developing work skills that benefit your organization, you are also increasing your attractiveness for the future job market.
Our agencies and organizations focus on issues such as education, service learning, homelessness, hunger, economic development, the elderly, mentoring youth, and prisoner reentry. When you apply, you select positions that interest you. Examples of VISTA activity include:
• Recruiting and coordinating local volunteers
• Soliciting donations
• Developing new programs and curriculum
• Locating community resources
• Raising public awareness about prisoner reentry
• Promoting partnerships
What are the Benefits for the Individual VISTA Member?
• Free medical coverage - no premiums
• Federal student loan payments and interest frozen for one year
• $4,725 education award upon completion, usable for future tuition or to pay federal student loans
• Living allowance ($865/month)
• Relocation assistance where applicable
• Professional training
• Preferred status for future federal jobs
• Important professional connections
• Shared experiences, new friends
• Making a difference in your community
Who is Eligible for VISTA Service?
• Age 18 and older - NO upper age limit
• U.S. citizen or legal resident
• Three years of college or equivalent work experience preferred
• Full-time one-year service commitment
• No outside work or income during service
Do You Have What it Takes?
VISTA service is a serious commitment and is not for everyone. You may wish to contact a current VISTA member or a member of our Indiana State Office to learn more about who we are and what we do.
The Indiana VISTA program seeks the highest-caliber candidates and, as part of the Indiana experience, offers high-quality training opportunities to prepare members for future employment in the nonprofit field.
To learn more about the Indiana VISTA program, send a resume or an email indicating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 317-226-6724 (then dial 0).
- Louis Lopez
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!