Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Life Restored, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) designated community-based non-profit organization, founded in 2010, in Cleveland, Ohio with a core mission to help women and girls break the cycle of entrapment in the criminal justice system and to maximize their potential of becoming enduring assets to their communitie
- Housing - We will allow each of our adult participants to reside at our safe, clean, and sober living facility for up to 18 months.
- Case Management/Document Recovery- We will assist each participant in recovery important documentation that is needed in order to help them recreate their lives. Such as:
- Photo IDs
- Birth certificates
- SSN cards
- Credit reports
- Voter’s registration
- Criminal records
- Child support orders
- Job training support
- Sobriety Support - During this phase of our plan, we will refer our clients to other reputable and effective community agencies that specialize in alcohol and substance abuse treatment. In addition, we’ll host regular Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous at our facility in order to assist our clients in their journey through sobriety.
- Clothing - We will solicit clothing donations from businesses and individuals to provide a clothing "closet" for our participants.
- Self-Improvement Workshops - We will provide courses on leadership skills, financial literacy, problem solving, making good decisions, setting goals, building and maintaining healthy relationships. These competencies will contribute to the up-building of the participant’s inner values and cognitive processes that will help them sustain a crime free lifestyle.
- Christian Fellowship - Weekly Christian fellowship workshops and services will be provided to each participant at will. This includes Christian support groups, Bible studies, outings, and other activities that will provide spiritual support to our participants.
- Support Groups -We will host Al-anon, rape, domestic violence, prostitution support group meetings at our facility.
- GED Sponsorship and Tutoring - We will recruit volunteers from local colleges and high schools in order to provide private tutoring to participants who are pursuing educational training. We will also assist with testing and material fees for qualifying participants.