Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Fathers Action Network is to remove barriers that prevent biological fathers from connecting with their child/children. As a community resource, we provide referrals and services that strengthen families and communities.
- Currently, one out of every three children in the U.S. now grows up without his or her biological father in the home - two out of three in African-American communities.
- Studies consistently show that kids who grow up without fathers in the home, on average, experience significantly worse outcomes than children from intact married homes.
- Given the benefits of father involvement, one of the most important things we can do to improve child well being is to increase the proportion of children growing up with involved, responsible, and committed fathers.
A partial list of programs, resources and support are:
- General parenting support
- Shared parenting agreements
- Child care
- Family law mediation
- Temporary Housing and Affordable Housing Options
- Job skills training
- Job search resources
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!