Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
DC PAWS is dedicated to saving the lives of animals who have no hope in closed, high kill shelters. DC PAWS is also dedicated to the wellbeing of its volunteers, as well as the animals in it's care. We believe there is more to rescue than getting animals out of shelters into homes. We believe that a rescue also needs to support the people who support it.
DC PAWS Rescue is an ALL volunteer, 501c3 animal rescue in the DC Metro area that works to save lives from high-kill, closed rural shelters where there are no adoptions and with out organizations like DC PAWS the animals would have no chance of survival.
We believe there is more to rescue than placing shelter animals into forever homes. We believe that rescue should support the people who support the rescue, and support the needs of the dogs and cats on their journey to a forever home.
We are committed to:
- providing the best possible standard of care for the animals we rescue
- providing all animals we rescue with the necessary tools to succeed, both medical and behavioral
- educating adopters, fosters, and volunteers about the benefits of science-based, humane, force-free training methods, and committing wholly to the exclusive use of such training practices for the dogs and cats in our care
- treating all volunteers, fosters and adopters with respect, compassion and courtesy
- providing our fosters, volunteers and adopters with the necessary tools and training to succeed
- educating the public about responsible pet guardianship, the benefits of adopting, and the needs of animals in high-kill animal control facilities.
- DC PAWS Volunteer Coordinator
- Need admin access?