Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ohio Therapeutic Horsemanship is dedicated to providing a life changing experience and opportunity for personal growth through horsemanship to individuals who are challenged physically, mentally or emotionally.
~Our Vision~ Our programs developed by professionals in partnership with the community and Volunteers through the therapeutic use of horses, strives to improve the lives of those with disabilities. ~Our Goals~ To provide quality horsemanship programs which · Enable the disabled · Allow those with limited mobility/ambulation the freedom of movement without assistive devices (i.e. wheelchairs, walkers)
- Encourage care of the horse with eventual carryover into self care skills
- Improve muscle tone and decrease abnormal movement patterns
- Establish a caring relationship between the rider and the horse
- Provide an opportunity to gain increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase strength, endurance and balance
- Improve coordination, mental & emotional self control and fine motor skills
- Assign riding groups which meets our students needs, abilities and provides personal growth for each individual
- Provides a safe, accepting setting motivating participation and an opportunity to excel and have FUN!
- JoEllen Mullins
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!