Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Chaldean and Middle-Eastern Social Services (CMSS) is to help refugee communities maximize their potential toward a better way of life, as well as to facilitate their acculturation into American society. To this end, CMSS educates and empowers resettling Chaldean and Middle-Eastern refugees by providing them with the primary healthcare and social service tools and programs necessary for comprehensive well-being and self-sufficiency in their new homeland.
CMSS has served the refugee community of San Diego County since 2005. Currently, CMSS serves more than 21,000 refugees each year through its offices in El Cajon. CMSS offers comprehensive healthcare and social services, including:
- Primary Health care for all ages
- Mental health care for adults and children
- Treatment and case management for victims of torture
- Substance abuse and domestic violence interventions
- Citizenship workshops
- Acculturation assistance for adults and school-aged children
- Advocacy and other support services, including translation and interpretation services,
- Cultural sensitivity training to community-based agencies
- CalFresh, CalWorks and Medi-Cal screening and enrollment,
- Wweekly fresh food distributions
Additionally, more than 100 walk-in clients each day receive comprehensive assistance and access to medical services, referrals to legal services, employment training and job placement support, academic and educational assistance, as well as access to other vital social and medical services. In January, 2014, the CMSS Community Clinic opened its doors, providing healthcare access to low-income refugees and their families. Services include primary care, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, ophthalmology and in-house laboratory services. The CMSS Community clinic is currently serving more than 3,000 refugee clients, and is actively expanding its client base each month.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!