Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To empower underserved urban youth and U.S. Military Veterans through transformative wilderness leadership programs and mutually beneficial mentor relationships.
WYLD envisions a city where every youth and returning U.S. Military Veteran is given an opportunity to explore , connect and discover through nature.
explore: to examine carefully; to travel to new places (internally and externally)
connect: to provide experiences that show the world, events and actions to be interrelated and interdependent.
discover: to create realizations through direct experiences and understanding.
Explore, connect and discover....
- themselves : to develop a confident understanding of who they are and what they are capable of achieving.
- mentors : to maintain a positive role-model to provide support and guidance.
- nature: to create alternative, healing experiences outside the normal urban environment.
- c ommunity : to facilitate meaningful changes in the neighborhoods where we live.
We believe that youth and veterans can prosper through meaningful mentor relationships instill confidence, compassion and hope.
We recognize that each youth and veteran maintains inherent potential and capability to attain and maintain a thriving life.
We seek to provide uniquely powerful wilderness experiences that focus on play, health, empathy, and inclusion .
We are united by the shared responsibility to foster environmental stewardship and to value diversity .
We believe in providing opportunities for youth and veterans to understand their unique role in creating positive community connections through the development of cultural awareness and ecological sensitivity.
We are united by a commitment to work with veterans, youth and their families by providing opportunities throughout middle school and high school to help students achieve their personal and academic best.
Spring 2015 Fundraising Development Volunteer
This vital volunteer will help build, maintain and grow WYLD’s fundraising program to help accelerate our mission of empowering underserved urban youth and U.S. Military Veterans through transformative wilderness leadership programs and mutually beneficial mentor relationships. YOUR help will impact this mission!
Responsibilities may include:
- Drafting correspondence with donors
- Supporting our grant writer with research and collecting stats
- Database management
- Assist with social media and email campaigns. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Nationbuilder, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Youtube
- Assisting with preparation and execution of crowdfunding campaigns (Indiegogo)
- Researching and connecting with potential sponsors
- Comfortable with Window & Mac (preferred) operating systems
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, Dropbox, and MS Word, Excel, & Powerpoint
- Telephone and in-person conversational skills a must
What’s in it for you?
Other than helping our mission, you will:
- Be exposed to all aspects of managing a non-profit organization, management and governance
- Gain hands-on experience with all aspects of traditional and modern fundraising including grant writing, donor events, crowd-funding
- Learn advanced office and administrative skills from letter writing to marketing automation.
- Receive School Credit for Internship requirement
- Work remotely
To Apply, please contact the Executive Director,
Chris Chandler: firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.614.6678, Los Angeles, California www.wyld.org
Include a short note explaining why you want to partner with us.