Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Â P LANET A ID
United we stand
Togetherness is our design
You and We, Planet Aid Theseare the objectives we stand for:
EMERGENCY AND DISASTER RELIEF
- serving victims of hunger, war, natural disasters, atomic accidents, plaguesand other catastrophes
- assisting to relocate people and rebuild areas hit by these types of disastersand accidents
- serving poorer nations, the poorest of the world's populations and selforganizing development initiatives
- undertaking all kind of development projects worldwide including but notin any way limited to schools, clinics, mini banking, farming and smallscale industry
PROTECTION OF THE NATURAL HABITAT
- serving threatened elements of the Earth's atmosphere, its soil, its plantsand its animals
- initiating protective actions to preserve rivers, seas, and forests frommisuse
- undertaking all sorts of projects aimed at protecting the natural habitatof the Earth
- serving the general public so as to make it possible for it to participatein many ways in the activities of the organization
- establishing educational facilities for the training of personnel and volunteers
- forming members' associations, initiating support groups and establishinga worldwide network of cooperators and activists
- serving the above mentioned activities through developing methods and systemsfor their implementation
- producing and distributing informative materials to the public containingbasic knowledge as well as specific information about the above mentionedactivities
- producing educational, informative materials so as to organize schoolsto participate in the above mentioned activities
- as to the effect that the above activities shall be operating exclusivelyfor charitable and educational purposes, and without therefor excludinggeneral means and methods conducting all sorts of business
- the corporation shall have the powers to do any and all acts and thingsnecessary, proper and consistent with maintaining tax-exempt status underSection 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as amended, or tocomparable sections of successor statute; and to do any and all acts andthings a non-profit corporation may do under the provisions of Chapter180, as amended, of Massachusetts General Law.
Planet Aid collects funds for schools, health-campaigns, food production and many other developments to improve living conditions for people in poor communities around the world. Currently our efforts are focused on developments in Latin America and Africa.
Our activities include:
Clothes Collection -- through outdoor drop-off boxes in convenient locations and door-to-door collection our donors recycle for a better world. We operate clothes collection in New England, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Virginia and Ontario.
Quality Second Hand Clothing Stores -- by buying clothes in our well organized stores, customers help save the environment through reuse, while supporting developments in the third world. We have 4 stores in Greater Boston, 2 in Philadelphia and 2 in Toronto.
Fundraising - donors contribute funds to the continued operation of schools for street children, sponsorships of new families and much more.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!