Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Preservation of Human Dignity, PHD, affirms the value of the lives of women and families facing the issues of pregnancy and parenting. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for hope and growth through professional counseling, education and integrated support services to meet the unique practical and emotional needs of each individual. PHD empowers adolescents to protect their future goals through healthy sexuality and relationship education and the learning the power of abstinence.
PHD's Professional Counseling services provide support and treatment to those who are pregnant, are parenting a child under the age of three, or have experienced grief due to the loss of a pregnancy or infant. Issues for which we offer professional counseling services include:
- Depression and anxiety during and after the pregnancy period
- Transitioning to parenthood as an individual or couple
- Having an infant in the NICU
- Grief and loss of pregnancy or infant
- Crisis intervention
- Case Management: Case Managers are trained volunteers that meet with clients to work on goals, educate through classes and monthly topics regarding pregnancy, parenting, and provide community referrals that may benefit clients and their families.
- Baby & Maternity Closet: PHD's Baby & Maternity Closet offers support to clients who need assistance with basic necessities for themselves and for their children, including gently used maternity, baby, and toddler clothing, diapers, baby food and formula.
Educational Outreach: PHD's Educational Outreach program is about promoting parent/youth communciation through education. Its three components are: successful relationships, healthy sexuality, and anti-bully. Programs are focused on students and parents, and are presented at public, private, and alternative schools, community organizations, and private home sessions.